Exterior Protection for your Vehicle
The Liquid Glass Shield coating will protect the exterior of your car with a super smooth surface that repels rain, sleet and snow on contact. The coating will even stop ice and snow making a strong bond to the windows, which means that you can say goodbye to all that strenuous scrapping on those cold, frosty mornings.
Ideal for use on your windsreen, your windows, the paintwork, chrome trims and alloy wheels, Liquid Glass Shield offers many advantages, such as;
• Reducing the build up of dirt on your car – so that it doesn’t need to be cleaned as often.
• Making your car far easier to clean when it is dirty – but with minimal, if any, detergent required. You’ll notice, in particular, how easy it is to remove road tar from your paintwork.
• Stop brake dust from sticking to, and damaging, your alloy wheels – Brake dust is very hot when it’s deposited on to your alloy wheels. The result is it bonds to the surface of the alloys, is corrosive and is very difficult to remove. Liquid Glass Shield will work in temperatures up to 450°C. Alloys treated with it will collect less dust but what does collect will not bond to the alloys, so, it can’t cause corrosion and is very easy to clean off.
• Giving you that ‘Just waxed’ look – without having to wax the car ever again!
• Protecting the paint and the lacquer on your car - so that bird droppings won’t ‘eat in to’ the lacquer or paintwork – and they’re much easier to remove.
• Reducing the incidence of light abrasions in the paintwork/lacquer – keeping the paint work in tip-top condition.
• See the rainwater, literally, ‘run off’ your windscreen/windshield as you drive down the road in the rain – When on the move, this super hydrophobic effect works in conjunction with the natural airflow over the vehicle to rapidly disperse water droplets. This is particularly useful on higher speed roads such as motorways and freeways as visibility and driving comfort is vastly improved in adverse weather conditions*.
• Stopping snow and ice from making a strong bond to the windscreen and windows – making it significantly easier to clean them on those cold, frosty mornings with no more strenuous scraping required.
* In independent tests Liquid Glass treatments gave drivers a one second advantage over non coated windows. This is because recognising objects became easier, allowing for better preparation when it came to hazard and obstacle avoidance.
As you can see, the exterior protection that Liquid Glass Shield provides gives you some very special benefits. There’s nothing else that can compare.
Interior Protection for your Vehicle
Liquid Glass Shield Protection for your Cars InteriorOf course, there are also some major advantages when it comes to using Liquid Glass Shield to protect the interior of the car, as well. You can protect the carpets, the upholstery and the interior of the windows (using the exterior product formulation). The main reason for protecting the inside of the windows would be to help reduce moisture or condensation.
The benefits for protecting the interior of your car are as follows;
• Protect the carpets (and carpet mats) from spills, soiling and staining – the application also makes the carpet very easy to clean once it’s been applied.
• Protect the upholstery of all seats and door panels against spills, soiling and staining – particularly useful for families with young children as they may be prone to the occasional accident (if they’re anything like mine, that is).
• The carpets and the upholstery will be very easy to clean – once the coating has been applied liquids and solids are easily removed and will not stain.
• Minimises the build-up of oxidisation on the inside of the windscreen/windshield – in particular, by minimising this build-up you can minimise any condensation/fogging that occurs.
• Protect you Baby's Car Seat with Liquid Glass ShieldAlthough, it isn’t strictly classed as the interior of your car, you may also find it really useful to apply Liquid Glass Shield to any car seats that you may have.
This will offer all of the above benefits to the fabric on the car seats, as well. You’ll be amazed at the result.
Should You Protect Leather Upholstery with Liquid Glass Shield?
This is a very good question and the answer depends on the finish of the leather. Having said that, Liquid Glass Shield will only enhance any level of protection that already exists.
Some leathers are finished with a surface coating which does provide a reasonably good level of protection. Others, generally the more expensive, softer feeling leathers do need protection. You can check which leather you have with a simple test.
Place a drop of clean water on to the leather. If the water is absorbed into the leather, there is no surface coating and you should definitely apply Liquid Glass Shield. If the water doesn’t get absorbed into the leather, there is a surface coating. However, this coating can crack and wear over time, so, our advice would be to apply Liquid Glass Shield as part of a ‘belt and braces’ approach.
Alcantara is another materials that’s now used in many up-market cars and it, too, will benefit greatly from the protection provided by Liquid Glass Shield.